Head of Development and Merchandizing (Guangzhou, China)
Esschert Design specializes in developing collections related to gardening and nature. We are creating leading concepts in the industry focused for example at wild birds and animals, outdoor fireplaces, kids gardening and working in the garden. All our products are designed and developed in house with European designers. Our products find a worldwide appeal and are sold to more than 65 countries.
Esschert Design is growing and we are looking for a
Head of Development and Merchandizing
to add to our team in Guangzhou, China. You will support project teams in China in the field of communications, logistics and purchasing. In this role you’ll have the unique opportunity to sit at the center of our Development Strategy, creating a cohesive merchandising plan that aligns our merchandizing & development with inventory planning & buying.
- You will work on the improvement of communication with the suppliers in China, the International customers and the Office in the Netherlands
- Direct, develop, communicate, and drive business strategies.
- Responsible for annual and financial (revenue) plan with Planning for assigned category to maximize product profitability, internal gross margin, and inventory management.
- Manage and lead the category team by hiring, training, coaching, developing and strong mentoring. Create an environment that supports and rewards strong performance and professional growth.
- You will translate our customer wishes in China and will give direction in this extent to our own staff and our suppliers in China
- You will support multiple project teams within the office and will ensure that the communication towards our own people and third parties will be smooth.
- You will solve problems in the field of technical, aesthetic, logistics and commercial nature by looking outside the box while having a pragmatic attitude
- HBO level / Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Pragmatic attitude
- Diplomatic skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate.
- Experience with Supply chain management
- Experience with import / buying from the Middle East – Far East
- Knowledge of the Chinese language is a plus
- Natural predominance and problem-solving talents
Your salary will depend of your knowledge and experience.
Please send your job application to:
Mr. J. Meijer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use form below: