Esschert Design BV (hereafter also: "we" or "us") attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and the transparency thereof. This Privacy Statement describes how Esschert Design collects, shares, uses and / or otherwise processes data that identifies you or relates to you (hereinafter: "personal data"), in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ("AVG"). This Privacy Statement does not apply to websites or services of third parties.
Identity and contact details
Esschert Design BV
7532 SM Enschede
Personal data and processing purposes
In order to be able to offer our services, action facilities, campaigns and webshop products, we process personal data.
For the creation of an Esschert Design account, we ask you for a number of details. To order products from our webshop, an Esschert Design account is required. In connection with the billing process, payment details must also be provided. For the registration for (one of) our newsletters, we request an e-mail address. If you have registered yourself for this and / or have made use of one of our products and / or services (online), then we can also occasionally keep you informed via news emails of news relating to our products and / or services. You can unsubscribe yourself at any time for such newsletters and / or service emails via an appropriate unsubscribe link in the relevant e-mail.
During your visit to one of our websites we store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or tablet. We use this technical information to manage the website and to function optimally, to resolve technical malfunctions and to improve the accessibility of certain parts of the website.
Our websites and / or services do not intend to collect data about persons under the age of 16 without the consent of a parent or guardian. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16 years. If you believe that we have collected personal data from a person younger than 16 years of age without permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then remove the information as quickly as possible.
Esschert Design does not store your personal data for longer than this personal data is required for the purposes for which it was originally collected. If you have opted out of one of our newsletters via an opt-out, we will remove the personal data as quickly as possible.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
Esschert Design only shares your personal data with third parties to the extent necessary for the performance of our services and to the extent required by law. We enter into a processing agreement with companies that process personal data on our behalf ("processors"), with which we ensure careful use of data and an appropriate level of security and confidentiality of your data. Esschert Design remains responsible for these processes. Your personal data will not be passed on to parties and / or countries outside the European Economic Area.
How we protect personal data
Esschert Design takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to optimally protect your personal data against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct, supplement or delete your personal data at any time. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for certain data processing or to object to the processing of personal data by Esschert Design and you are entitled to data transferability. The latter means that you can submit a request to us to send your personal data that we have in a computer file to you or an organization named by you.
If you want to use your legal rights or if you have other questions / comments about the processing and / or protection of your personal data by us, please send a specified request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and in any case within four weeks.
Esschert Design would also like to point out that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national data protection authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
This Privacy Statement, as well as all disputes arising from or related to this Privacy Statement, are governed exclusively by Dutch law.
We reserve the right to adjust this Privacy Statement to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. It is advisable to consult this Privacy Statement regularly, so that you are aware of any changes.
Enschede, December 2019
In this Cookie statement you can read everything about the types of cookies we use on our website, how and why we use them. In addition, you will find more information about how we handle your data in our Privacy Statement.
Esschert Design reserves the right to unilaterally change this Cookie Statement, to process changes to the website and / or applicable laws and regulations regarding cookies. We therefore recommend that you regularly consult this Cookie Statement for the latest version. You can always find the most current version at the bottom of the web page under "cookies".
What is a cookie?
This statement and your consent applies to the following websites and domains:
www.esschertdesign.com, esschertdesign.be, esschertdesign.ch, esschertdesign.com, esschertdesign.de, esschertdesign.dk, esschertdesign.es, esschertdesign.fi, esschertdesign.fr, esschertdesign.nl, esschertdesign.se, www.bestforbirds.com, www.bestforbirds.nl, www.esschertdesign.be, www.esschertdesign.ch, www.esschertdesign.com, www.esschertdesign.de, www.esschertdesign.dk, www.esschertdesign.es, www.esschertdesign.fi, www.esschertdesign.fr, www.esschertdesign.nl, www.esschertdesign.se,www.secretsdupotager.fr, esschertdesign.eu, esschertdesign.info, esschertdesign.net, esschertdesign.org
Which cookies do we use?
We think it is important that you know which cookies our website uses, for what purposes they are used. We use the following types of cookies:
Functional or necessary
Functional or necessary cookies make page navigation and access to secure areas of the website possible. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Permission is not required for the use of functional cookies. They cannot therefore be switched off.
Preferred cookies ensure that a website can remember information that influences the behavior and design of the website. For example, consider a cookie that remembers the selected language setting. The use of preferred cookies can be disabled.
Statistical cookies collect and report anonymous data, providing us with insight into overall website usage.
Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address, which is made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen and which device you use;
- From which page you came to the website and which pages you visit;
- When and for how long you visit or use the web store;
- Whether you use the functionalities of the web store. For example, creating an account, promotion, or placing an order.
The use of statistical cookies can be disabled.
Marketing and advertisement
Marketing and advertising cookies are used to display advertisements that are tailored to the individual user. These cookies are also used to make our online campaigns more efficient. The advertisements are placed on third-party websites.
The advertising cookies may allow:
- We measure which advertisements you have already seen;
- We measure how often you have seen an advertisement;
- We prevent that you always see the same advertisement;
- We measure whether you click on the ads.
The social media cookies also fall under the marketing and advertising cookies. These cookies make the functionalities of social media websites possible. From a YouTube video for example, or a like button for Facebook. Social media cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves, when you use them within our website.
Permission is required by law for the use of marketing and advertising cookies. You must therefore enable this yourself (opt-in).
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are still classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
Change cookie preferences / withdraw permission
You can change your previously stated preferences or withdraw your previously granted permission at any time.
Cookie statement last updated on 12/27/2019 by Esschert Design
Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure
Have you found a weakness in our system? If so, please report it to us.
How do you report it to us?
We ask that you follow the following procedure:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Weak spot in the website".
- Please include your findings in the email.
- Include in your report enough information to reproduce the problem, this helps us to a quick solution.
- At a minimum, leave an email address or phone number so we can contact you.
Make sure that:
- You make the report as soon as possible after discovering the vulnerability.
- Do not share the information about the security problem with others until you hear from us whether it has been resolved.
- You act responsibly with knowledge of the security problem by not taking any action beyond what is necessary to prove the security problem.
Avoiding irresponsible actions
Always avoid the following actions:
- Placing malware.
- Copying, modifying or deleting data in a system. An alternative to this is to create a directory listing of a system.
- Making changes to the system.
- Repeatedly gaining access to the system or sharing access with others.
- Using brute force to gain access to a system.
- Using denial-of-service or 'social engineering'.
What does our CVD policy look like?
- If you report according to the procedure, we have no reason to take legal action against your report. We will treat your report confidentially and will not share personal information with third parties without your permission, unless required to do so by law or court order.
- Only with your permission will we mention your name as the discoverer of the reported vulnerability.
- We will send you a confirmation of receipt within two working days. We will respond to a report within five working days with an assessment of the report and an expected date for resolving it. We will keep you informed of the progress in solving the problem.
- Esschert Design strives to solve your reported security problem in a system within 60 days at the latest. In consultation, we determine whether and how, after the problem has been solved, it will be published.
- Esschert Design offers a reward as thanks for the help. Depending on the severity of the security problem and the quality of the report, this reward may vary from a product from our collection to gift certificates for up to 300 euros. It must concern a serious security problem that is still unknown to Esschert Design.
CVD Policy Last updated by Esschert Design on: May 2021.