Tuesday, November 15, 2022
In this sneak peek, we introduce you to the Kokedama. This trend from Japan has become indispensable in Europe and we like to tell you something more about it in this blog.
What is a Kokedama?
Kokedama literally translates to "moss ball." That is exactly how a Kokedama appears. It is a moss-covered hanging or standing ball that contains a plant. It is a type of Japanese garden art that is closely related to Bonsai.
Ready-made Kokedama moss balls in various sizes
This cool trend can be found in our Spring and Summer catalogue 2023. We make it really simple to make your own Kokedama with our ready-made moss balls, special Kokedama potting soil, and special Kokedama rope. Combine the various Kokedamás with different plants to create a completely new and trendy look in your garden or your house.
Making a Kokedama in five steps
1. Begin with a ready-made Kokedama moss ball.
2. Take the selected plant out of its pot and shake the dry earth off its root ball.
3. Scoop some potting soil into the moss ball, then carefully place the root ball inside and cover with potting soil.
4. Wrap the special Kokedama rope around the moss ball and tie it securely; this will ensure that your kokedama is securely attached.
5. Tie another longer rope around the Kokedama to hang it or place it on a dish.