Thursday, June 6, 2019
Let children help in the garden and get connected with nature. They can see how plants grow, that herbs do not come in bags and that tomatoes grow on a plant and not in plastic containers.
If you have a few square meters in your garden, make a children’s kitchen garden.That way you can sow, water and weed together with the kids. You can give every child a few metres garden or purchase a square metre garden or make it yourself. The square meter garden is ideal for children. This small vegetable garden in a box with compartments takes up little space and is easy to maintain. Often you can also place this square meter on the balcony. Every child can grow their own vegetables and herbs and eat everything from their own garden and that is much tastier!
- Place the container in a place where the sun shines most of the day.
- Divide the bin into 9 compartments of approximately 30x30 centimeters.
- Fill the trough with vegetable soil or potting soil and cover with a layer of sowing soil.
- Sow one type of vegetable or herb in each compartment.
- Give water.
- To make it even more fun for the children, you can choose vegetables and herbs that grow quickly, for example: Cress, Radish, Tomatoes, Pumpkin, Lettuce or East Indian Cherry.
Products specially for children
There are garden tools especially for children and also grow kits that they can use immediately, see KG114, 117).
Also nice, pick a bouquet from your own garden and give it to mum, grandma or the teacher. This is possible with these beautiful seed mixtures (WA13, 14).
If you do not have a garden or space to place a square meter garden, then consider growing sprouts. This can be done easily in the windowsill or in the nursery.
Growing these sprouts is very easy. You need seed, water, a flat container with a transparent lid and wet cotton wool.
1. Soak the seeds overnight and rinse them.