Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Water is essential in the garden. The Water in the Garden collection has a wide range of watering cans and sprinklers. We highlight our handy squeeze sprinklers, our thumb watering can and the sustainable Olla for you in this blog.
Handy squeeze sprinklers in various fun shapes
Handheld sprinklers are a must in the garden. A mini vegetable garden, houseplant or seedling is easily watered with these fun squeeze sprinklerss available in various fun shapes and colours.
Just dip, squeeze and spray!
1. Squeeze the ball (watering can, flower pot, leprechaun or elephant).
2. Hold the nozzle under water while continuing to squeeze the spray ball.
3. Release the ball, with the spray head still under water
4. Remove the head from the water, hold the nozzle over the plants you want to water and squeeze it to gently water them.
The gnome (0.072L), mini watering can (0.150L) and flower pot (0.145L) are an assortment of 3 and come in a handy table display. The same goes for the elephant sprayers (0.120L) in an assortment of four colors.
The advantages of the squeeze nozzle
Thanks to the squeeze sprinkler your plants or cuttings get small amounts of water, they grow stronger and there is less risk of mold and root rot.
New in our assortment: terracotta watering can
This terracotta watering can was very recently added to our assortment, but is already a must for your garden. This plunger gives your plants a nice shower and is very suitable for seedlings or flowering plants, this is due to the gentle way of pouring. This plunger is made of terracotta and very easy to use.
Extra special: the thumb watering can is handmade by a potter.
How to use the thumb watering can
1. Submerge the plunger in a bucket of water or a rain barrel.
2. Fill the watering can with water
3. Keep your thumb on the watering can if you don't want to water
4. Take your thumbp off to water plants
Olla, a sustainable way to water
The Olla makes garden watering easier, more efficient and environmentally friendly. The use of this sustainable pot made of terracotta can save you from 50 to 70% in water use. The Olla saves you time, since you no longer have to water your plants manually. You also have less trouble with weeds and snails. The use of the Olla also improves the soil structure. This durable topper is available in two sizes.
How do you use the Olla?
1. Dig the pot between the plants in your (vegetable) garden, border or planter.
2. Fill the Olla with water (refill the pot about once or twice a week).
3. Close the jar with the cap
4. The roots of the plants will draw the water from the pot.
5. Save up to 70% on water consumption
Due to the porous nature of the terracotta, irrigation of the soil actually occurs naturally. The roots of the surrounding plants grow towards the pot and the Olla only releases water when needed. The water is underground, this reduces evaporation and also prevents the water from ending up in unwanted places. This also creates a looser soil structure.